The following article deals with editorial topics to write about and also gives an overview of how to write on good editorial topics.
Editorials are similar to essays in which an editor puts forth his views regarding a certain topic which he feels strongly about and it generally relates to the current events or happenings in his surroundings. In short, editorials reflect the facts and opinions regarding a particular topic in a precise and concise manner along with the editor's analysis of that subject. Editorials help people gain an insight of the social, economic and cultural conditions of their surroundings.
Interesting Editorial Topics to Write About
The different topics that one could think about writing in today's scenario are
Editorials for Newspapers
The editorials written for newspapers deal with current affairs and issues. These editorials need to be comprehensive in terms of information and should also be thought provoking. Politics, business and sports are the areas generally included in such editorials. An editorial needs to be unbiased and clear in its presentation of facts and ideas. The following topics/issues are given importance in editorials for newspapers.
Editorial Topics on Environmental Issues: There is a great variety of topics that one can choose from when it comes to environmental issues. People interested in environmental issues can voice their opinions about many issues regarding the degradation of the environment and other such problems. Following is the list of various editorial topics related to environmental issues.
- Depletion of Earth's Natural Resources
- Oil Spills
- Acid Rain Problems and Solutions
- Global Warming Effects on Animals
- Wildlife Conservation
- Melting Glaciers
- Working to Eliminate E-waste
- Economic Recession
- Role of the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) Nations in the 21st century
- US Economy
- Policies of the World Economic Forum
- Pros and Cons of Outsourcing
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Fuel Economy
- Ill Effects of Junk Food
- Malnutrition in Third World
- Benefits of Organic Food Consumption
- Obesity Problems in Developed Countries
- Health Education
- Food Safety
- Natural Gas Cars Pros and Cons
- Future of Nuclear Weapons
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Trends in the Mobile Phone Industry
- Internet Technology
- Hydrogen Fuel
- Future of Organic Farming
- Agricultural Production and Food Crisis
- Carbon Credits and Farming
These editorials have a certain 'target audience' of their own and deal in niche areas. The different types of magazines could be those operating in the field of sports, lifestyle, entertainment industry, etc.
Sports Topics: The editorial topics for sports could discuss about the various issues in this field, the performing teams and players, etc.
- Significance of Olympics
- How do Sports Bridge National Boundaries
- Doping - How is it Affecting Sports?
- National Team vs Professional Teams
- Social Relations in the 21st Century
- Green Lifestyle - Influence of Global Warming
- Social and Cultural Changes Induced by Globalization
- Best Anime Movies of All Time
- Importance of Public Opinion in Media
- Who's the Style Icon?
- Academy Awards - Do the most deserving win them?
- Why are we so Obsessed with Celebrities?
Editorial Topics for High School Students
The editorial topics for high school students should be such that they appeal to the children and present before them the problems of the real world.
- Child Labor
- Dealing with Adolescent Depression
- Is Social Networking Good for You?
- Vending Machines in Schools - Pros and Cons
Editorial topics for kids should be interesting to write on and also interest the readers. School kids can try to write on the subjects like the forthcoming elections in their town. It helps to create awareness in children about what's happening around them. It is seen that the children enjoy the work which encourages them to ask questions, find information, sharpen their analytical skills and which satiates their curiosity. One can choose from the following editorial topics for middle school to write an editorial.